Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mere Love

Was it all a dream?
What a soft, sensous loving night!

A cool, moist, misty fog
crept through town.

Your misty eyes looking down
helped me realize
we have such love for each other.
And we express it so well,
our tip-toeing fingertips,
our touching lips;
our hearts touch.
There's such
poetry in your eyes,
your body, your heart.

We didn't make love tonight,
yet we made love all night
sharing words over a drink,
sharing scaring scenes from that movie,
sharing the cool, moist, misty fog,
sharing our warm, moist lips and
loving, luxurious touching,
loving touching that is so much deeper
than a mere touch or
than mere love.

4 comments:

velvet said...

Hey, Bernie-

Great writing! Very moving. I'm looking forward to coming back and reading more when I have more time to spend with it. :)

-velvet

Bernie said...

Thanks. This one is at least 25 years old. Some are brand new. I love writing poetry but I don't share it very often.

velvet said...

I'm glad that you are sharing it! This is great stuff. It speaks to the sentimental people like myself. ;)

-velvet

Bernie said...

Thanks. I'm very sentimental too. Some of this poetry is made up from observations, but this one was very real to me. Decades old but still a great memory.