Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Color Of No Love

A blank page stares back.
No words written,
none spoken.

White paper, blue mood,
gray solitude.
A red-blooded male,
prone alone
on black satin sheets
with a crystal-clear vision
of scarlet lace on tan skin.
Purple clouds of desperation.
White lightning flashes frustration.
Green with envy at another's rainbow.

Drifting off now ...
A few words written, still none spoken.
Murky green blue-gray melting ...
foggy ...
no spark, no flash ...
gray ...
what is ...
where ...
Page stares back ...
Fade to black.

2 comments:

velvet said...

Wow. I think that we've all been there. Love the colors.

Bernie said...

Thanks. This is one of my faves but I don't remember the inspiration at all. I can narrow the time frame to the 1980s when I lived in Baltimore but that's it.